Second International CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance Conference
July 29 - 31, 2015
University of Finance and Economics, Nanjing
To view the conference program, please click here.
Businesses play an important role in the society, impacting the communities, regions as well as the individuals and environment. However, in the present day businesses must find new ways to address the social, economic, and environmental effects of doing business, while balancing the conflicting demands on their attention, time, and resources. This in fact demands the alignment of corporate social responsibility (CSR) with business strategy to create a truly sustainable business.
The Conference has been designed to understand and deal with the unprecedented impacts of CSR on the working population, society and environment and therefore to elaborate the various frameworks for it with a view to develop evolutionary CSR practices. This is the 2nd CSR conference in series, with the first successful conference in The University of Surrey in 2014, and will be an excellent platform to discuss the global themes of corporate social responsibility, sustainability, ethics and governance in all their various dimensions.
The 2nd CSR conference will present the current CSR models and practices, as well as the next generation of issues that business leaders and society will face. This conference aims to provide a common platform to the corporate, government agencies, NGOs, academics and the other groups to share their expectations, aspirations and responsibilities. Conference also has the objective to bring together representatives from various parts of the globe to share their experiences, challenges and opportunities.
Presentations, workshops and debates will highlight the need of the day and how these issues are being addressed around the world nowadays. The conference will certainly lead to the new frameworks, concepts, tools and techniques to integrate social responsibility throughout the business operations to achieve the highest levels of sustainable success.
Call for Papers
The conference will bring together the Business Leaders, Government Policy Makers, Non-Government Organizations, Researchers, Students to discuss a broad array of topics related to corporate social responsibility, sustainability, ethics & governance across the various parts of the world. We are specially inviting the PhD candidates from social sciences, law, business sciences and economics and others to engage in a dialogue on solutions for global challenges of Building New Bridges between Business and Society. The conference welcomes paper submissions from all disciplines on topics including but not limited to:
- Supply Chain Sustainability
- Human Rights and Business Sustainability
- The Role of Governments in Business
- Workplace Safety
- Woman Rights and Workplace Environment
- Self-Regulations, Codes of Conduct &Voluntary Compliance
- Challenges of Social Inclusion: Gender, Inequalities, and Human Rights
- Child Labor, Forced Labor and Labor Trafficking
- The Role of NGOs and other Elements of Civil Society
- Reconciling the Interests of Management and Workers
- Global Governance and Corporate Liability
- CSR Issues relating to Multinational Enterprises
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- The Future of CSR and Responsible Investment
- Health for all Triple Bottom Line: The Importance and Opportunities
- Sustainability Reporting Standards
- Stakeholders and Shareholders
- CSR Modeling and Evaluation
- CSR Accounting, Auditing, and Reporting
- CSR in the Crisis
- CSR Networks and Co-operations
Research and Business Tracks:
The conference will focus on two broad tracks: Research and Business. The research track will focus on a more academic perspective with presentation of research in the CSR area, whereas the business track will have the presentations from the corporate / NGO projects and initiatives along with the case studies in the CSR area.
In both the Research and Business track, the proposals can be submitted in any of the following categories:
- Full Paper (Length of the paper 8-15 pages)
- Short Paper / Work in Progress (Length of the paper 4-6 pages)
- Practitioner Presentation (1 Page Abstract)
- Abstract Submission Deadline: April 30, 2015
- Acceptance/ Review Note: May 15, 2015
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: June 30, 2015
- Author Registration: June 15, 2015
- Regular registration: July 15, 2014
- Conference Dates: July 29-31, 2015
- Book and Journal Publications: Dec 31, 2015
Paper Submission Format
- Language: The use of English language is applied to all papers. No other languages are allowed.
- Page Size: Documents MUST be formatted in the A4
- Typeface: The entire paper should be written in 10-point Times New Roman. Please follow the template for heading and sub-heading styles.
- Line Spacing: All papers should follow single line spacing for the text.
- Referencing Style: Papers should follow the Springer Style of referencing (www.springer.com).
- All submission should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All accepted papers will be published online and in CD to be accessed by all conference participants.
- Selected papers will be published at an edited book will be published by Springer in the series of CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance.
- Selected best papers will be submitted to Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility published by Springer.
Three awards will be conferred to distinguished researchers, academician, and practitioners.
- The Best Paper Award
- Lifetime Contribution Award (academic)
- Lifetime Contribution Award (business)
All the delegates are requested to complete registration form after making the payments. Co-authors need to register separately.
The Registration Fee includes:
- Welcome Reception and Dinner, Lunch and Coffee breaks at the conference venue
- Certificate of Participation, Conference Badge & Kit
- Conference Proceedings (electronic copy & Printed Copy)
- Conference Gallery (Photo/ Video)
Registration fee included all conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and coffee-tea breaks
- Business Delegates: USD 600
- Academics / Speakers: USD 375
- Student Registration: USD 100
For the Travel, Lodging & Boarding, the Participants need to make their own arrangement. Organizing committee will get best discounted rates from hotels.
Prof. Dr. Nicholas Capaldi (USA)
Legendre-Soulé Distinguished Chair in Business Ethics at Loyola University New Orleans, +1 504.864.7957, email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Hualiang Lu (CHINA)
School of Business Administration at Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, and director of the International Centre of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, +86 25 84028559, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Samuel O. Idowu (GB)
London Metropolitan University, UK and Professor of CSR at Nanjing University of Finance and Economics, China
Prof. Dr. René Schmidpeter (AUT/GER)
Dr. Jürgen Meyer Endowed Chair for International Business Ethics and CSR, Cologne Business School, Germany
Prof. Rute Abreu (Portugal)
Professor in Accounting and Finance at the Instituto Politécnico da Guarda, Portugal
Dr. Renginee Pillay (GB/F)
Lecturer in Law at the School of Law, Surrey University and Visiting Professor in Company Law at Paris Descartes (Paris V), France
Prof. Dr. Liangrong Zu (ILO)
Senior Program Officer at International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization
Marian Eabrasu (FRA)
Champagne School of Management
Prof. Ted Roosevelt Malloch (USA)
Research Professor for the Spiritual Capital Initiative at Yale University
Dr. Alexei Marcoux (USA)
Associate Professor of Business Ethics in Loyola University Chicago
Prof. Nadia Nedzel (USA)
Southern University Law Center
Prof. Stephen Vertigans
Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, UK
Prof. Dr. Huafang Yin (CHINA)
School of Business Administration at Nanjing University of Finance and Economics +86 25 84028296, email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Xucai Wan (CHINA)
School of Business Administration at Nanjing University of Finance and Economics +86 25 84028892, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions related to the Conference may kindly be directed to the conference secretary
Ms. Stephanie Willis (USA)
Ms. Xiaomeng Huang (China)
Office: +86 25 84028299