Third International CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance Conference
Sustainable Management as a New Business Paradigm
August 1 - 3, 2016
Cologne Chamber of Commerce and Industry
See the complete conference brochure, here.
To view the workshop overview, please click here.
To view the conference participant list, please click here.
Businesses play an important role in society, impact communities, regions as well as individuals and the environment. The processes and consequences of globalization and the economic crisis, have repositioned business approaches and growth towards more inclusive, competitive, sustainable, resource and energy efficient and environment friendly management. Business management models should adequately address the key objectives of inclusive and sustainable management, integrating economic, social, and environmental elements and considering the inter-linkages and collective impact in all three dimensions. There is an urgent need to formulate sustainable management frameworks addressing interactions and dependencies as well as tradeoffs in various focus areas. The challenge that these adjustments present, calls for the alignment of corporate social responsibility (CSR) with business strategy to create a truly sustainable approach.
The conference has been designed to understand and deal with the unprecedented impacts of CSR on the working population, society and the environment. It will facilitate the elaboration of various frameworks with the goal of developing evolutionary CSR practices. This is the 3rd CSR conference in the series, following a successful second conference at Nanjing University of Finance & Economics in 2015 on Building New Bridges between Business and Society. It will be an excellent platform to deliberate upon global themes of Corporate Social Responsibility, sustainability, ethics and governance in all their various dimensions.
The 3rd CSR conference will showcase current CSR models and practices, as well as the next generation of issues that business leaders and society will face. The conference will gather highlevel government officials and representatives, business leaders, experts from the business community, civil society, non-profit and community based organizations, academic institutions, and other stakeholders. It provides a platform for the sharing of expectations, aspirations and responsibilities. We want to bring together representatives from various parts of the globe to share their experiences, challenges and opportunities.
Presentations, workshops and dialogue sessions will highlight state of the art topics and how issues are being addressed around the world. In addition, the conference aims to develop new frameworks, tools and techniques essential for the integration of socially responsible management in business operations, in an effort to achieve sustainability at all levels of business management.
- Author Registration: June 15, 2016
- Regular registration: July 15, 2016
- Conference Dates: August 1-3, 2016
- Book and Journal Publications: Dec 31, 2016
Paper Submission Format
- Language: The use of English language is applied to all papers. No other languages are allowed.
- Page Size: Documents MUST be formatted in the A4
- Typeface: The entire paper should be written in 10-point Times New Roman. Please follow the template for heading and sub-heading styles.
- Line Spacing: All papers should follow single line spacing for the text.
- Referencing Style: Papers should follow the Springer Style of referencing (Click here for details on Springer Style).
All submission should be sent to Prof. René Schmidpeter
Please identify your email with subject "CSR Conference Cologne".
- All accepted papers will be published online and in CD to be accessed by all conference participants.
- Selected papers will be published at an edited book will be published by Springer in the series of CSR, Sustainability, Ethics & Governance.
- Selected best papers will be submitted to Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility published by Springer.
Three awards will be conferred to distinguished researchers, academician, and practitioners.
- The Best Paper Award
- Lifetime Contribution Award (academic)
- Lifetime Contribution Award (business)
All the delegates are requested to complete registration form after making the payments. Co-authors need to register separately.
The Registration Fee includes:
- Welcome Reception and Dinner, Lunch and Coffee breaks at the conference venue
- Certificate of Participation, Conference Badge & Kit
- Conference Proceedings (electronic copy & Printed Copy)
- Conference Gallery (Photo/ Video)
Registration fee included all conference materials, breakfasts, lunches, and coffee-tea breaks
- Conference Delegates/Participants: USD 600
- Academics / Speakers: USD 375
- Student Registration: USD 150
- Please register: http://www.gcg-csr.org/registration.html
Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
Stolkgasse / An den Dominikanern 4a
Phone: +49 (0) 221 1644 0
3 min walking distance to IHK CSR Conference 2016
Please book until: 20.06.2016
Mauritius Hotel & Therme
Phone: +49 (0) 221 92413333
20 min walking distance and
10 min by train to IHK CSR Konferenz 2016
Please book until: 30.06.2016
CityClass Hotel Europa am Dom
Am Hof 38-46
Phone: +49 (0) 221 2058 0
10 min walking distance and
10 min by train to IHK CSR Conference 2016
Please book until: 27.06.2016
Industrie- und Handelskammer zu Köln
Street: Unter Sachsenhausen 10-26, 50667 Köln
Phone: 0221 1640-0
How to reach the Conference Venue:
The fastest way to IHK Köln is the train (Deutsche Bahn). There are two trains from the airport to the central station, the train S13 which goes every 30 minutes and the RE8 which goes once per hour. The train journey from Airport to Central Station takes about 15 minutes.
From Central Station to IHK:
By train: The next metro station is Appellhofplatz. You can reach the station by the metros with the numbers 3, 4, 5, 16 and 18. It takes about 2 minutes. From this station please follow the direction IHK Köln/Verwaltungsgericht.
By foot: From the Central Station to the IHK it takes about 8 minutes by foot. Please take the main exit of the central station (site of the cathedral) and go halfway right over the forecourt into the Domprobst-Ketzer-Straße . Then go straightforward and cross the traffic circle. Follow the street An den Dominikanern and cross the Tunisstraße. Here is the beginning of the street Unter Sachsenhausen. After circa 200 meters you see the IHK Köln on the right side.
Questions related to the conference may kindly be directed to the conference coordinators:
Conference Coordinator: Participants
Conference Coordinator: Collaborators